Montag, 23. November 2009

Hi guys,
sry that i didn't write anything the last few weeks, but i was really busy writing essay, doing presentations and going on field trips. SRY.

So. I start a month ago. Wednesday, 21th October. On this day I took part at a Field trip to Dublin with the “Political Geography” class. I'm not in this class, but the field trip was open to all international students, so i decided to join them.

The trip was really interesting as we learned a lot about Ireland's history and the political structures and changes in the past.

We started in Limerick at half past 7 in the morning to leave for Dublin. Our first stop was the Colinns Baracks´ Museum, where we had a guided tour about the Irish Revolution of 1916.
Although it was raining heavily, we had a walk through the City Center along O'Connell street with a stop in the General Post Office and a visit at the former Houses of Parliament.
(Statue of Daniel O'Connell on O'Connell Street, Dublin)
(Statue of Daniel O'Connel in the former Houses of Parliament-now Bank of Ireland)
(me in the former House of Lords)

After a short lunch break we meet at Trinity College and went to Leinster House, where the Parliament is situated today. There we meet the Minister for Defence, Willie O´Dea, T.D, who had invitated us.
(Houses of Parliament)

At the end of the day, we went to the European Union Offices, where we saw a movie about Ireland in the European Union and the European Union in general. Afterwards we had a discussion about several different topics, especially the Irish Referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.

This was the official end of the field trip. Whereas all others went back to Limerick, I stayed in Dublin and meet my cousin Hanna.
It was really nice to meet some relative here in Ireland. Hanna and me went first to a pub, later on walked through the rain to Hanna's apartment, where we cooked ourselves dinner. We just relaxed and had a nice talk about Ireland and everything else.
(Hanna and me)
The next day, Hanna had to go to work early and I left Dublin at about noon. It was the first time for me in Dublin and except the heavy rain, I really enjoyed it.

Keine Kommentare: